Safety Culture Services
Technology can predict injuries, but only people can prevent them. In order to improve safety outcomes, it takes people across the entire organization who are committed to driving real change.
Many companies are frustrated when they hit plateaus in their safety programs, implement new safety tools and processes and get poor results, or generally can’t improve their safety cultures due to disengaged frontline workers or leaders. Often, this is because proper investments have not been made in their people.
Does your organization face any of the following challenges?
- Fail to realize the expected ROI on new safety software and/or process initiatives
- Hit a performance plateau that is hard to break through
- Struggle to move from a reactive, lagging indicator focus to a proactive, leading indicator focus
- Lack of leadership and communication on safety due to disengaged leaders or leaders that ineffectively manage safety
- Unable to change behaviors and outcomes due to difficulty in communicating
- Lack of Vision/Strategy/Plan (VSP) for safety or one that is not linked to the corporate VSP
- Struggle with general change management issues or those specific to rolling out a new safety process or tool
- Lack of engaged frontline workers who treat new safety initiatives as passing fads or “flavors of the month”
What are Safety Culture Services?
Safety Culture Services focus on an organization’s greatest asset – its people. Great safety performance is the result of putting people first, then supporting those people with strong processes, and then supporting both with great tools.
More on Safety Culture Services
Whether executing a condition-based or behavior-based safety program, many companies need help in strengthening their safety culture and processes in order to change their safety outcomes.
Safety Culture Services are delivered as customized consulting engagements led by Dr. Chuck Pettinger, PhD. While Dr. Pettinger studied under Dr. Scott Geller (one of the foremost experts on people-based safety initiatives), he has over 20 years of safety consulting experience with companies like ExxonMobil, Cummins, Coca-Cola, Los Alamos National Labs, Pfizer, Bechtel, Turner, Southern Company, and others.
Chuck and his team bring a unique and differentiated perspective to their engagements:
- Customized and based on the specific needs of the customer
- Involve the customer heavily in the process to drive buy-in the short term, and sustainability over the long term
- Reach outside of safety and employ best practice change and general management principles from thought leaders like John Kotter, W. Edward Demmings, and others
- Take an analytical and empirical approach and even work hand-in-hand with Predictive Solutions’ world-class data analytics team and its vast safety database
How Are Safety Culture Services Delivered?
Safety Culture Services are delivered via a variety of engagement models. While each engagement is unique, some of the typical models are:
More on How Are Safety Culture Services Delivered
- Stand-alone safety culture assessments
- Leadership engagement workshops
- Frontline employee/craft worker engagement workshops
- Leading indicator program development
- Data to action to results program development
- Behavior-based safety program development
- General inspection/observation program development
- Approach and coach workshops
- Safety or general change management program development