Safety Culture Services
Technology can predict injuries, but only people can prevent them. In order to improve safety outcomes, it takes people across the entire organization who are committed to driving real change.
Many companies are frustrated when they hit plateaus in their safety programs, implement new safety tools and processes and get poor results, or generally can’t improve their safety cultures due to disengaged frontline workers or leaders. Often, this is because proper investments have not been made in their people.
Does your organization face any of the following challenges?
- Fail to realize the expected ROI on new safety software and/or process initiatives
- Hit a performance plateau that is hard to break through
- Struggle to move from a reactive, lagging indicator focus to a proactive, leading indicator focus
- Lack of leadership and communication on safety due to disengaged leaders or leaders that ineffectively manage safety
- Unable to change behaviors and outcomes due to difficulty in communicating
- Lack of Vision/Strategy/Plan (VSP) for safety or one that is not linked to the corporate VSP
- Struggle with general change management issues or those specific to rolling out a new safety process or tool
- Lack of engaged frontline workers who treat new safety initiatives as passing fads or “flavors of the month”