Safety Analytics Services
In this era of Big Data, many organizations are drowning in safety data while struggling to make any sense of it. Some have also purchased safety software systems where data goes in, but often nothing comes out – certainly not any meaningful reports, leading indicators, or even predictions about future risk. They’re hard pressed to achieve a reasonable ROI from these investments. Finally, safety professionals are being asked difficult business questions about safety from their leadership teams which they simply cannot answer, such as “when and where will our next injury occur?”
What are Safety Analytics Services?
Safety Analytics Services are designed to help companies turn their data into actionable information that improves safety outcomes. The service is designed to compile data from a company’s various databases, analyze that data, and then uncover leading indicators and even build predictive models that can make predictions about future risk. Safety Analytics Services are most helpful to companies that don’t want to make another investment in a safety software system, but need answers from their data.
How are Safety Analytics Services Delivered?
Safety Analytics Services are delivered as customized consulting engagements led by Predictive Solutions’ Data Science team. This team leads research & development efforts related to advanced and predictive analytics, and is responsible for the the proprietary Red Flag Predictive Model within SafetyNet.
After determining the scope and goals of the engagement, Safety Analytics Services are delivered in a three-stage process:
- Stage I: Business Review and Data Discovery – Onsite meeting in which Predictive Solutions learns about your business through
- Facility or site walkthrough with an overview of your production and safety processes
- Review of your disparate data sources and collection methods with involvement from your IT, Safety Management and Operations teams
- Stage II: Safety Analysis – Completed by Predictive Solutions’ Data Science team with some collaboration from the customer
- Align disparate data sources
- Employ extensive data mining and advanced analytics techniques on the data to determine if any trends, patterns, correlations or leading indicators can be derived from the data
- Apply Predictive Solutions’ suite of proprietary predictive models to the data to determine if the data is truly predictive. If the data set does not match our current predictive models’ requirements, custom predictive models will be built based on the unique data set.
- Stage III: Report Out and Ongoing Analytics
- Onsite summary and presentation of findings
What results can be expected?
Following are the potential outcomes of the engagement:
- The data is found to be predictive in such a way that an ongoing, regular analysis of the data (e.g. quarterly, monthly, weekly) by Predictive Solutions can occur. Reporting criteria will be defined and a plan for analysis will be agreed upon.
- The data is not found to be predictive, but other valuable insights to manage risk are found which can be employed. Predictive Solutions will share any key findings/insights from the data.
- The data is not found to be predictive, but Predictive Solutions can suggest changes to the data collection methodologies which can transform the data into a more usable state.